You and your partner fell in love at first sight. Soon, you were married and looking forward to a lifetime of happiness together. Years later, you have a nice house and a beautiful family. Yet, things are not going well between the two of you. You often find yourself wondering if your marriage is headed for a divorce.
Sometimes, unhappiness in your marriage sneaks up on you. Other times, a specific incident can drive a wedge between the two of you that you just cannot seem to remove. Either way, the future of your marriage may be in jeopardy.
Signs that your marriage is headed for divorce
There are usually some signs along the way that indicate divorce is on the horizon. These include:
- Constant arguing: You simply don’t know how to talk to each other anymore.
- Dissatisfaction: Throughout the years, unhappiness, disappointment and dissatisfaction have become the norm. You can no longer deny these feelings.
- Infidelity: Your partner may have broken your trust one too many times.
- Financial disputes: One of you is a spender and one of you is a saver and you do not agree on how to budget your finances.
- You sleep in separate bedrooms: There’s no longer any intimacy shared between you.
- You avoid each other: You used to look forward to your partner getting home from work. Now, you stay out late in order to avoid spending time with them.
- Your friends keep telling you to leave: Those who are closest to you may see red flags that you ignore.
If you recognize yourself and your partner on this list a divorce may be inevitable. Look into your options instead of trying to handle this alone. There’s a lot to process when you file for divorce.